• To learn current diagnostic criteria for NMO/NMOSD.
• To know updated information on the diagnostic biomarkers and appropriate laboratory techniques.
• To learn current rescue therapies for acute events, and introducing novel relapse prevention strategies for patients with NMOSD.
- Learn new clinical and neuroimaging diagnostic criteria for NMO/NMOSD and corresponding biomarkers.
- Receive updated information on current rescue therapies for severe acute CNS events, and learn on relapse prevention strategies, including novel immunosuppressive drugs.
- Make appropriate diagnosis of NMOSD.
- Recognize relevant data about treatment options that should be considered for the correct treatment of acute events and relapse prevention with immunosuppression in children.
Silvia N. Tenembaum, MD; National Pediatric Hospital Dr. Juan P. Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Introduction: Current Diagnostic Criteria of Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders (NMOSD)
Silvia N. Tenembaum, MD
Dr. Juan P. Garrahan
Diagnostic Biomarkers of NMOSD: AQP4-IgG and MOG-IgG
Thaís Armangue, MD, PhD; IDIBAPS-Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Sant Joan de Déu Children’s Hospital, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Treatment of Acute Clinical Events
Andrea Savransky, MD; National Pediatric Hospital Dr. J. P. Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina Wednesday, October 21 24 ICNA • CNS | San Diego 2020
Current Preventive Treatment Strategies for NMOSD
E. Ann Yeh, MD, MA, FRCPC; Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
New Era on Preventive Treatment of NMOSD: Recently Approved and Investigational Agents
Tanuja Chitnis, MD, FAAN; Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA