Global Burden of Disease Fellowships
- Hemali Vaghariya
- Global Burden of Disease Fellowships
The International Child Neurology Association ( ICNA ) is inviting applications from eligible candidates under the ICNA Global Burden of Disease Fellowship Program.
GBOD applications can be on any topic in Child Neurology. ( Burden on Child Neurology, both globally and particularly in Low and Middle-Income Regions. )
The project should be feasible. It should have significant transferability.
Criteria for the GBOD:
- Applicants should have valid membership of the ICNA.
- Applicants should ideally be within five years of training ( although others may be considered based on the discretion of the committee ).
- The award is up to a maximum of USD 5000 for an entire project, where an upfront payment of USD 2000 and the remaining USD 3000 will be given based on receipt of the interim progress report within two years of receiving an award.
- Applicants are expected to provide a summary of their work for publication in the Journal of ICNA within six months after the completion of the project.
- Selected projects could be presented at the 18th International Child Neurology Congress ( ICNC2024 ), Cape Town, South Africa, upon the acceptance of the committee. Additionally, winners could apply for ICNA-supported Travel Grant to present their research work at the following Congress.
The deadline for applications ( all topics ) is May 1, 2023.
You will be acknowledged for the results of applications by June 15, 2023.
The application should include an Introduction and Background, Current knowledge of the topic, Methodology, Expected results, Timeline ( Gantt diagram ), Transferability and detailed budget.
In case of any questions or concerns, please reach out to the Chair of the Research Committee, Dr. Nicola Specchio, at firstname.lastname@example.org.